Whether you are starting your journey as a consultant, author, speaker, trainer, or a professional developer, it makes complete sense you invest in your branding or learning something new. If you are waiting to invest in yourself after you taste success, you may have to wait forever, because the chances of you getting successful are very less in this ever-competitive world.
Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.Brian Tracy
It is one of the best investments, which will secure your future with brilliant opportunities. Here are a few ways you can invest in yourself to launch yourself as a professional speaker.
It will help you stand-out of the crowd if you carry yourself as a brand.
- Getting a website, which represents you and gets you loads of business, is the need of the hour. There are a lot of options to build your website or get it developed.
- Branding your social media and email communications puts a level up. Be consistent in all the way you communicate.
- Get your visiting cards designed to go in sync with other collaterals.
- Going a step ahead, look out the way you dress up. Hire a personal tailor, get some tailor-made dresses for yourself.
- Finally, look around you may find a kickass website developer who is ready to help you with all the above.
Learn New Skills
Acquiring new skills in addition to your strength will help you compete in the bigger league of things.
- Identify your niche and find the supporting skills which will help you excel in your niche.
- Invest in acquiring those new skills, do not stop your learning curve.
- Hiring a coach will help you succeed faster.
- Practice, Practice, Practice, and Practice. That’s the way. Invest your time for longer practice sessions.
Invest in your mind, body, and soul.
If you want to be energetic all the way and give out 100% of your capabilities, you need to invest in physical and mental state yourself.
- Identify things that give you immense happiness. (For me its gardening and running long distances.)
- Cultivate the habit of reading, writing. It’s a pleasing experience.
- Workout regularly, it’ll keep you energized.
Finally, do not hesitate to invest your time, money, and energy on yourself. ROI on this is pure GOLD. Be shameless in asking for help and do let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Speakers invest in themselves when they see guaranteed returns! That’s how we all are conditioned. But most of the speakers are in self-doubt if they could get any speaking gigs with the skills they have got and if the industry really needs those skills. Then the “when” condition comes..
When I get my first gig… I do that
when you show me results.. I do that
when I get perfect.. I do that
when I’m financially well…I do that
‘THAT’ never comes till one ACTS on it and that ACTION create results..
Everyone understands how branding helps. It’s kind of mind trap for most of us. To ge tout of it, one needs to give an absolute commitment to the question ‘What’s needs to be done?’
Great topic and blog Kris! This topic is really underrated. Investing in on our own development, skills, branding is equally important for anyone from freshers begining career to seasoned professionals or veterans.
Apart from hesitation on investing money, we do have social stigma around trying/learning new things specially based on age group/experience etc. Most of us learn these things hard way. Good you brought it up.